Congratulations to Mr. Jason Porod, Jr. High Social Studies and 6th Grade ELA teacher, for winning the 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award. The St. Raphael School Board established the annual Karyn M. Brown Excellence in Teaching Award in 2008 to promote an awareness of teaching excellence in our school. This award was designed to give each St. Raphael parent, colleague, alumnus, student, and parishioner an opportunity to recognize the high quality of instruction that takes place on a daily basis in our school and to express his or her appreciation for such excellence.
The nominations for Mr. Porod presented a clear and convincing example of how he demonstrates excellence by:
- Integrating Catholic Identity principles and values within instruction.
- Providing a safe, secure, and peaceful learning environment within which children are loved, respected, and nurtured.
- Creating a classroom structure that supports academic excellence as well as the physical, social and emotional development of students.
- Motivating his students to achieve excellence.
- Using creative and innovative methods to actively engage and to guide students.
- Involving himself in professional development and in applying learned skills in his classroom.
Congratulations Mr. Porod! We appreciate YOU!